- Passover Links from Jacob Richman
- Passover Resources from AJWS (social action)
- Passover with URJ (Reform Judaism)
- Passover FAQs from Tablet Magazine
- OU kosher for Passover symbol
- Development of the Hagadah
- LOTS MORE LINKS & RESOURCES
2 cups matzah cake meal
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup warm water
1 tablespoon olive oil, plus additional oil for frying
Preparation: Place the matzah cake meal, salt, warm water and 1 tablespoon oil in a bowl. Mix ingredients very well with your hands, until you form soft dough. With your hands, form 1 1/2-inch balls. Roll balls between plastic wrap to form a tortilla shape. Preheat additional oil on a nonstick griddle or pan on a medium flame. Fry the matzah tortillas until browned.
Matzah Cheese Lasagna
- 1 box matzah (11 matzot)
- 3 cups ricotta cheese, divided
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 (32 ounce) jar marinara sauce, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Place a colander in the sink and run a very slow stream of cool water. Dampen each matzah under the water one by one and then set aside. DO NOT saturate the matzot with the water. The matzot should be pliable but not fall apart.
- In medium size bowl add ricotta cheese, egg, parsley, salt, and pepper and set aside.
- Place the Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese and tomato marinara sauce into three separate small bowls.
- Layer a single level of matzot into an 8×12 baking pan. The matzot should cover the entire bottom of the pan.
- Spread marinara sauce over the matzot to cover, about ½ cup per layer.
- Spread ricotta cheese to cover sauce, about 1 cup per layer.
- Layer mozzarella cheese, about ½ cup per layer, to cover ricotta cheese
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese, about ¼ cup per layer, over mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat with 3 more layers and end with a matzah layer on top.
- Spread marinara tomato sauce on top, about ½ cup.
- Sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese, about ¼ cup, and remaining mozzarella cheese, about ¼ cup on top of last sauce layer.
- Bake uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes.